Behavioral abnormalities are traditionally thought to originate in the brain. But a new study has found that inner-ear dysfunction can directly cause neurological changes that increase hyperactivity. The study, conducted in mice, also implicated two brain proteins in this process, providing potential targets for intervention.
- Inner-ear disorders may cause hyperactivity
- Seventy-two percent of teenagers experienced reduced hearing ability after attending concert
- Auditory Training: Evidence for Neural Plasticity in Older Adults
- Curious About Tinnitus? Read More In This Article
- Reflections on Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder: 2013
- HCM City: Quality health care services offered for LGBT community - http://en.vietnamplus.vn/HCM City: Quality health care services offered for LGBT community http://en.vietnamplus.vn/Binh Dan Hospital in HCM City's District 3 has introduced a new health care services for LGBT patients. (Photo: bvbinhdan.com.vn). HCM City (VNS/VNA) ...
- 3 factors that prevent people from buying health insurance: lack of trust, cost, complexity - Livemint3 factors that prevent people from buying health insurance: lack of trust, cost, complexity LivemintInsurance experts also feel that existing health insurance policies are complicated and need simplification.
"You were much more concerned about me and turned a negative situation into a positive one. My hearing is great now. Thanks."- Tom Kelly, LA