Behavioral abnormalities are traditionally thought to originate in the brain. But a new study has found that inner-ear dysfunction can directly cause neurological changes that increase hyperactivity. The study, conducted in mice, also implicated two brain proteins in this process, providing potential targets for intervention.
- Inner-ear disorders may cause hyperactivity
- Seventy-two percent of teenagers experienced reduced hearing ability after attending concert
- Auditory Training: Evidence for Neural Plasticity in Older Adults
- Curious About Tinnitus? Read More In This Article
- Reflections on Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder: 2013
- Brexit healthcare worries for Brits in Spain - BBC NewsBrexit healthcare worries for Brits in Spain BBC NewsBritish pensioners in Europe worry about healthcare costs in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
- Fortis Healthcare posts Rs 180 crore Q3 loss - Economic TimesFortis Healthcare posts Rs 180 crore Q3 loss Economic TimesNew Delhi: Fortis Healthcare on Wednesday reported a consolidated net loss of Rs 180.11 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2018, mainly on account of ...
"You were much more concerned about me and turned a negative situation into a positive one. My hearing is great now. Thanks."- Tom Kelly, LA