Behavioral abnormalities are traditionally thought to originate in the brain. But a new study has found that inner-ear dysfunction can directly cause neurological changes that increase hyperactivity. The study, conducted in mice, also implicated two brain proteins in this process, providing potential targets for intervention.
- Inner-ear disorders may cause hyperactivity
- Seventy-two percent of teenagers experienced reduced hearing ability after attending concert
- Auditory Training: Evidence for Neural Plasticity in Older Adults
- Curious About Tinnitus? Read More In This Article
- Reflections on Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder: 2013
- Cooper University Health Care to Establish New ENT Residency Program - South Jersey ObserverCooper University Health Care to Establish New ENT Residency Program South Jersey ObserverCooper University Health Care recently announced that it has received approval to establish an Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery (ENT) residency program ...
- "Training Hotel" in works for hospitality, health care employees - UpNorthLive.com"Training Hotel" in works for hospitality, health care employees UpNorthLive.comLEELANAU COUNTY, Mich. , (WPBN/WGTU) -- A Traverse City-based organization is looking to create what they call a "Teaching Hotel. "Foundations ...
"You were much more concerned about me and turned a negative situation into a positive one. My hearing is great now. Thanks."- Tom Kelly, LA